Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:39:17 +0100
From:      martin hudec <corwin@aeternal.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-rc1 cant create database

--2/5bycvrmDh4d1IB

Hello,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 02:23:16PM +0000 or thereabouts, Matthew Seaman wro=
te:
> >I dont think that is the answer.  I forgot to add that root has all=20
> >privelegdes.
>=20
> Remember that MySQL counts "root" @ "localhost" as a different account=20
> to "root" @ "someotherhostname" -- and the question is, which account=20
> are you actually using via phpMyAdmin?
>=20

   Maybe you're right. I am experiencing this behavior while using MySQL
   4.0.22. On other databases using older 4.0.20 there are no
   differences between local super user and remote super user. I am
   using remote phpmyadmin user with ALL PRIVILEGES set to him and I am
   not able to create databases or reload mysql while accessing 4.0.22.
   Also I am experiencing that MySQL is no longer doing IP resolving, so
   I have to use IP address instead of hostname for authentication
   purposes (but this is okay, at least I am not depending on another
   service for resolving the IP).

   	Cheers,

	Martin
    =20

--=20
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * corwin@aeternal.net
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible=20
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

--2/5bycvrmDh4d1IB

--2/5bycvrmDh4d1IB--