Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:42:50 +0000
From:      Dave Goode <dave@davegoode.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bison doesn't compile

On Wednesday 13 Nov 2002 03:59, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Update to a newer version of FreeBSD or manually install a newer
> version of texinfo.

I'm at 4.6.2 - do I really need to go to 4.7?

texinfo appears only in the Japanese ports - I've installed it but still=20
get the same error. From where do I get the latest version and how do I=20
install it if there's no port?

This came about when I did a 'portupgrade -R evolution' - some dependency=
=20
of evolution has bison as a dependency and the recursive upgrade fails. I=
=20
can't be the only person to find this, can I? Hasn't anyone made a binary=
=20
package of bison? Can't it be fixed? (I'd love to fix it myself but I'm=20
nowhere near knowledgeable enough)

Cheers,

Dave
--=20