Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:28:55 -0500
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple server monitoring with HPs iLO ... ?

At 13:18 2005-12-20, lars wrote:
>>Hi,
>>we have a bunch of Hp servers in our server room.
>>The ilo card (standard or upgraded) doesnt support ssh. It's a web
>>based device. In fact, you don't need the advanced feature unless you want
>>graphical view of your server or if you want to mounth isos in the
>>virtual cdrom.
>
>I think you are mistaken since I just logged in to one of our
>servers with Putty:
>User:Administrator logged-in to ilo-XXXXXXXXXX(nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn)
>iLO  1.80 pass21 at 18:05:43 Jul 12 2005
>Server Name: BLUEBIRD
>Server Power: On
>
></>hpiLO->
>It's a HP ProLiant DL 380 G4, see iLO Revision in the output.
>
>And that software comes stock with the server.
>Unless HP made a mistake delivering it.
>
>We also once received the full set of redundant fans, for free :-)

Hmmm I just tried a bunch of my servers:

G1 servers are accepting telnet, but not ssh
G3 servers are accepting neither

Connecting with telnet only gives me the status of the server (up or down)

But I don't have G2 neither G4 servers perhaps it's a new feature of
G4 servers...

Are you able to do anything with the ssh connection (see console,
reboot, etc) or is it just to let you know the status of the server
like it does for me in G1 ?