Date:      Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:00:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        ONE-MO <onemo@jps.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:Compaq ida driver patch

ONE-MO writes:
 > Ok, I've got a simple (and maybe dumb) question 8^)
 >
 > I'm trying to compile a kernel with Mark Dawson's ida driver for the
 > Compaq Smart2 controller for 3.0-STABLE. The instructions on patching
 > things states:
 >
 >     (3) Add the line:
 >
 >     inthand2_t        idaintr;
 >
 >     to /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/isa_device.h in the list of similar
 > declarations.
 >
 > Can anyone provide a more specific location? I've tried a couple of
 > places that appear to fit this general location without success.

I've never gotten the "inthand2_t  idaintr;" to work. What I had to do
instead was use the actual declaration of that function:
   void idaintr (int cntlr);
[which is identical functionally, since inthand2_t is a typedef that
expands to that, IIRC ]

I place it as follows:

int     isa_dmastop __P((int chan));
void    reconfig_isadev __P((struct isa_device *isdp, u_int *mp));

void idaintr (int cntlr);

Hope this helps. There is probably a correct place to put the
"inthand2_t" statement, but I have never been able to get it to
compile with it. Mark may have a better answer for you.

 > Michael.

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah                  | Nibley's Gas Law of Learning:
viren@rstcorp.com              | Any amount of learning, however small,