Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 1996 10:00:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Gang-Ryung Uh <uh@sed.cs.fsu.edu>
To:        questions@Freebsd.org
Subject:   pwd

Hi,

  I have a strange experience recently. Since I have 2 hard drives,
  I made some partition for user space on the second disk. But when
  I mount that partition to /home,

      as a regular user,

          1) > cd /home
          2) > pwd
             pwd: Permission denied

          3) > cd ..
             ..> Permission denied

      But, as a super user, no such problems!!
      I even check the permission of /home as a super user,

         > ls -ld .
         drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  512 Jan 30 19:14 .

         > ls -ld ..
         drwxr-xr-x  17 root  wheel  512 Jan 29 23:38 ..

    I am very confused. Would you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Regards,
UGR (uh@cs.fsu.edu)