Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:50:51 -0000
From:      "Robin Breathe" <robin@isometry.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   I/O APIC and Uniprocessor support

Hi,

Reading up on 'option APIC', it seems that the intention of keeping it
distinct from 'option SMP' was to support future uniprocessor boards
that had this feature.  Well that time has come ;)
The Asus TUSL2-C (based on Intel 815ep chipset, and others based on this
chipset I would guess) has supported APIC mode since bios revision 1008
(07Aug2001), but nothing seems to have been done to solidify support for
compilation with 'option APIC' and without 'option SMP'.  I tried to
compile with -STABLE from yesterday, and got the a lot of errors
(attached).
http://ftp.cvut.cz/Asus/mb/sock370/815ep/tusl2-c/index.txt has the bios
revisions, including the introduction of I/O APIC mode.
I have shared devices, and thus I think it would be great to get this
working.  I would be delighted to help test this code out if anyone can
supply some patches to get it working.

Any ideas?

Robin Breathe