Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2001 23:54:55 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Robert Clark" <res03db2@gte.net>
Cc:        "David Scheidt" <rufus@brain.mics.net>, "Mike Meyer" <mwm@mired.org>, <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: NatWest? no thanks

Like Star Trek, people today want to believe all problems have simple
solutions.
A simple solution is a short solution.  The Web encourages all information to
be condensed down to a 1024x768 resolution of about a page to make it fit.
Gopher
did the opposite as it was more of a cataloging system of documents, which
could
easily be quite long.  So, the web definitely fits most people's temperment
much
better than gopher does because people only want to learn enough to know
something
exists, but not really understand it.

PS This is sarcasm.