Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 1997 02:06:59 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        Bernd Rosauer <br@schiele-ct.de>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recommended PCMCIA modem card?

> Mike Smith seems to be the hardware expert on laptops though.  (At least
> he talks a good story. :-)  I'd hold off and see what he has to say as
> well.

Heh.  I *wish* I was the expert; certainly I try, but as Tatsumi-san
will attest getting enough information in any one place to see much
more than a sliver of the picture is very difficult.

On the modem card topic, to flip the picture 180deg., I am not aware of
any plain-modem card in current circulation that does *not* work as
expected with either vanilla 2.2.x or 3.x FreeBSD, or with the PAO
extensions.

mike