Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:11:54 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        martinko <gamato@users.sf.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8.0 regression: consecutive panics (iwi / wlan / zfs ?)

--684cmtc/Pyvt2LSS

On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 04:13:36PM +0100, martinko wrote:
>=20
> I have used versions 5.3 to 6.4 on this laptop, the last one being the=20
> most stable and smooth.  A few weeks ago I moved to 8.0 (fresh install)=
=20
> and since then I've been experiencing funny issues.
>=20
> Last night I was writing an email when I noticed my wi-fi link was gone.=
=20
>  I checked /var/log/messages and saw the following:
>=20
> wlan0: link state changed to DOWN
> wlan0: link state changed to UP
> wlan0: link state changed to DOWN
> wlan0: link state changed to UP
> wlan0: link state changed to DOWN
> wlan0: link state changed to UP

While I do not currently use ZFS, the wireless NIC I have been using
most often for the last several months has been iwi0 on my laptop, on
which I track stable/6, stable/7, stable/8, and head on a daily basis.

While I have seen the interface bounce dwn & up repeatedly, and it
refuses to communicate with an Apple Airport AP (while working with
a Linksys WAP11) under head (but the Airport is OK for stable/6 and
stable/7; not sure about stable/8), it has been (at least) several
weeks since my last panic, so I am inclined to suggest that iwi(4)
and wlan(4) are unlikely to be involved in the root cause of the
panic.

Peace,
david
--=20
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

--684cmtc/Pyvt2LSS

--684cmtc/Pyvt2LSS--