Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 20:29:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Nicole Harrington <nicole@daemontech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which is Better for MySQL  FreeBSD or BSDi?

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Nicole Harrington wrote:

> Well in the hope that this list is not dead...
>
>  My question> for running MySql, which would be better, FreeBSD or BSDi?
>
>  I Thought I had heard that BSDi would be better.
>
>  Any opinions, thoughts?
>

>   Nicole

  I think FreeBSD is better supported by MySQL.  However, you should
probably direct this to the MySQL developers.

  I have a 2GB MySQL database under FreeBSD 3.x.  It works ok.  MySQL's
table-locking stinks, but that isn't an OS issue.  If I was going to start
again, I wouldn't use MySQL because of the table-locking issues.

Tom