Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 1996 02:57:20 +0000 ()
From:      David Nugent <davidn@sdev.blaze.net.au>
To:        Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
Cc:        accent@goodnet.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP Installing 2.1.5 with a ATAPI CD-Rom

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Nadav Eiron wrote:

>AFAIK ATAPI CD-ROMS normally work just as slaves. This is a bit
>of bad news for you since you don;t have a hard disk to act as
>the CD-ROM's master.

Nope. That's certainly not the case here.

I'm currently running 2 SCSI hard drives and one atapi CDROM off
the IDE controller on the motherboard, configured as master.
Works fine (he says, listening to his favourite CD's through his
headphones... :-)).

David Nugent, Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-791-9547 Data/BBS +61-3-792-3507 3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn