Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 2010 10:13:19 +0200
From:      David DEMELIER <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Porting NetworkManager to FreeBSD

2010/4/16 Jerry <freebsd.user@seibercom.net>:
> Has there been any movement on porting NetworkManager
> <http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/>; to FreeBSD? I read
> something awhile ago, I don't remember where, that it was planned for
> the 8.0 release (I think). I have seen it in use on a friends PC, and
> it is really awesome.

Do you really like NM ? Each time I use it it bugs, sometimes it
connects and sometime not. Of course it's great for people who wants
something easy to manage but NM needs the users to connect the X
session.

wpa_supplicant is really great, it scans access points available and
try to connect them (you can add many networks in your
wpa_supplicant.conf) and then it starts connecting even if you're not
in your X session.

About the NM port in freebsd I guess we can wait a long time.

Cheers,

--
Demelier David