Date:      Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:15:12 -0800
From:      Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To:        Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB 2.0 (somewhat OT)

Josh Paetzel wrote:
> Just wondering why USB 2.x support isn't in the GENERIC kernel on
> 5.4-RELEASE

Since no one has responded on list:  USB 2.x support seems a little
buggy in 5.4.  If I leave my computer up long enough I get a usb related
error and everything reverts to USB 1.x.  Also I recently had some data
corruption when writing to a USB flash drive with 2.x support enabled.
I haven't had any time to try and diagnose it to see if it's USB 2.x
problem, a samba problem, or a flash drive problem.

HTH,
Micah