Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:16:53 -0500
From:      "dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pci issues with 5.3

Hello,
    Trying to compile a custom kernel on 5.3. When i install it and boot it
hangs at the pci0 bus probe, i try to switch to debug and it's locked up
tight. Sometimes i can get around it by going single user, or safe mode, or
acpi disabled, but it's a hit and miss and is not consistent. I just booted
with GENERIC and it worked fine. The board in question isn't new it's an
Abyt kd7-e and this issue is occuring for the first time in 5.3. Suggestions
to find out what it is appreciated. Also, don't know if this is related, but
when GENERIC is booted i'm getting pci errors from pcm0 my sb live sound
card.
Thanks.
Dave.