Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2019 15:23:51 -0500
From:      "Clay Daniels Jr." <clay.daniels.jr@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to apply a patch to a port

I have a patch to apply to a port:
patch-linuxkpi_gplv2_src_linux__page.c
/usr/ports/graphics/drm-current-kmod

I've looked at the Handbook Chap 4.4-Patching. Several times...

This is on a fresh base install of this week's snapshot.
I have the ports and source installed in the base, but none "made".

I go to the drm-current-kmod port directory.
There is no files subdirectory, so I make one.
I copy the patch to:
/usr/ports/graphics/drm-current-kmod/files
Then cd to main port directory, run "make makepatch" like it says in the
Handbook,
which creates a /work subdirectory.
Then I run "make install" (no clean yet) which cannot seem to find my
patch, and asks for patch:
I tried giving it the full path but it still did not find it. I am new to
patching (obviously).
What am I doing wrong?

Clay