Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:58:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dave Hummel <hummel@www.snybuf.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE:CVS & /cdrom/usr/filesys/src (fwd)

doh! I meant -stable not -current! Sorry!
Hi,

I have two questions:
My 2.1.7 cdrom is missing all files and subdirectories on filesys/src. My
2.1.6 is complete, so I'm assuming that the cdrom is defective. Can
someone verify that this is the case and that filesys/src/* is supposed to
be included?

Next: The whole CVS concept per the manual is not quite sinking in through
my thick skull. Is the following correct: I can purchase the cdrom,
install sources, and then CVS the sources to make them -current rather
than CVSing the whole source(?) I'm assuming that by doing this I'll save
a whole ton of 14.4 download time as I would only be downloading a few
updates(?) Or am I better of just CVSing from the get go and saving my $ ?

Thanks,
Dave