Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:01:19 +0800
From:      "Lee Weng Seng" <wseng@cyberway.com.sg>
To:        "Michel Talon" <michel@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Configure X on Dell Inspiron 3500

Michael you wrote,

>My laptop, a Dell Inspiron 3500 can be suspended to memory or to disk
without any
>problem, while running X. It then wakes up correctly, eveything working,
mouse
>display, sound, and even USB. So it must be some special feature of the
video
>card in this case.

Can you enlighten me with the options you've chosen for XF86Config on your
Dell Inspiron 3500? I'm about to install X and I need as much info as
possible so that I won't cause serious harm to the LCD screen.

My sweet puppy is a 3500 too and running on fbsd 3.4.

Maybe this question sounds odd but why would anyone want to run fbsd on a
laptop? As for me, I use it as a test machine for web server to resides,
while I beg for more money for an entry level PowerEdge.

thanks,
lee