Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:08:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        wkb@freebie.demon.nl, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Test success for AS2100 and AS1000A

> Matthew Jacob writes:
>  > of stuff- and we have to begin to insist that for FreeBSD-alpha that drivers
>  > must use busdma (the alpha_dma_XXX value will be going away- or maybe we'll
>  > keep an option). We're just fooling ourselves by keeping it around.
>
> Do _any_ network drivers use busdma?

NetBSD version of if_de :-).....

Possibly not. It's getting time for them to do so. I've had it on my list for
a while to do if_wx as a sample for Bill Paul and others to think about.

Others have made assertions that we should 'just use bounce buffers instead of
fixing drivers'. That doesn't work because you still have a shared resource to
tell unaware drivers.

This has to get fixed sooner or later anyway. For crying out loud, even Linux
has figured this out.

-matt