Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 1996 12:41:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeffrey Hsu <hsu>
To:        mark@quickweb.com
Cc:        current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new JDK release

	The appletviewer doesn't work for me. I get "Invalid JAVA_HOME:
	/usr/local/java".

I recommend that people place the JDK distribution in /usr/local/java.

	Are there any plans on supporting 65K colors in the interpreter? My
	AWT apps run without crashing, but they are shades of blue only while in
	65K hi-color mode  =)

I know what's wrong with the Sun AWT code and how to fix it.  But, I have
no 16-bit display to develop on, so this is very low on my long list of
things to do in my copious spare time.