Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2007 18:38:55 -0400
From:      "Indigo 23" <indigo23@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Configuring an existing zpool to raidz2

I tried looking for answer for this, but I couldn't find one.  I was
wondering if it was possible if you had a zpool with 3 drives, but you
didn't choose raidz or raidz2 when creating it, so it is just a
storage pool, is it possible to convert it to raidz or raidz2 without
losing any of the data on it? If so, how would it be done?

For example,
You have a zpool called 'mypool' and it has ad0,ad1, and ad2.  This
pool has data on it.
Is it safe to do: "zpool create mypool raidz2 ad0 ad1 ad2" and have
that pool use raidz2 without any loss of data occurring?

Also, which is more recommended to use, raidz or raidz2?

Thanks.