Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:01:15 +0100
From:      Juergen Nickelsen <ni@w21.org>
To:        freebsd@fongaboo.com
Subject:   Re: MySQL logs

--Apple-Mail=_FD2F09BE-7A13-4B4D-A57A-821A95F30A72

On 2014-02-14, at 21:56, freebsd@fongaboo.com wrote:

> How does one set up per-query logs on MySQL in FreeBSD? Google results =
are very vague and seem to vary per OS.

Average Google results will not be as relevant as the MySQL =
documentation itself, which is quite okay. But admittedly, it is a bit =
hidden on the MySQL web site, so I get always faster to it by searching. =
Using the search terms

    mysql 5.1 query log

should lead you straight to the relevant page; for me this works not =
only with my probably strongly MySQL-primed Google search bubble, but =
also with, for instance, DuckDuckGo.

In my experience, including the relevant version number is helpful to =
reach the official MySQL documentation instead of all those blog pages =
of dubious know-it-alls. Anyway, the relevant page is

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/query-log.html

For other versions, replace 5.1 in that URL with the actual version you =
have in use. Be sure to check the page exactly for the version you are =
using; there have been a number of changes even in version increments in =
the third number.

(MySQL is prone to such changes. One of these in a recent 5.1 update =
with Debian stable recently broke one customer's configuration, when a =
deprecated configuration keyword was finally invalidated -- in a minor =
minor version update, I'd like to stress. Furrfu.)

Well, indeed it is worth checking the documentation carefully in *any* =
case, and Read The Whole Page.

Regards, Juergen.