Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 1998 01:36:32 -0800
From:      Tanvir Hassan <tanvir@mail.org>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Brent Johnson <pizzaman@mail.on.rogers.wave.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing Free BDS with the WAVE

Dude,

I too had problems with my ISA ethercard and Linux.  It turned out that
the card was not PNP and was conflicting with my other PNP devices
(modem and sound card).  Once I setup my PNP devices under Linux (via
pnpisa) and then manually set the correct IRQ and PORT addresses for the
ether card, everything worked!  It wasn't even that hard once I figured
out what my problem was.

I bet either you have a conflict or that the card is PNP and you have
not configured it.  Once you do that, Linux should purr for ya :-).