Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 1997 17:24:00 +0000 ()
From:      Tim Moony <timm@uniqsite.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Connecting two PCs that are far away

Sorry if this is another stupid question.

I want to connect two PCs (one runs FBSD 2.1.5 and another one runs MS-DOS
communication program).

I've been told since these PCs are too far away, I need (1). a line
driver, (2). a haul modem or (3). a modem on each PC.

Since I have spare modems, I think this may be the easiest approach.  But
here's the deal: I thought modems are used to dial-in and dial-out, if I
just run a phone cable between them, how am I gonna configure them?

I am puzzled.  Help!