Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 1997 03:13:47 -0400
From:      "Kevin P. Neal" <kpneal@pobox.com>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 430TX ?

At 01:13 PM 4/11/97 -0500, Jonathan Lemon wrote:
>On Apr 04, 1997 at 09:46:26AM -0700, John Utz wrote:
>>
>> 	my instructor claims they separated the cache into instruction
>> cache and data-cache.....a previously 'discredited' architecture known to
>
>Discredited?  Since when?  All other things being equal, separate I+D caches
>almost always outperform merged caches.

Don't you just love university profs who teach their opinion, and they
call it "fact".

Then they don't teach how they came up with their opinion, so the student
graduates with a bunch of stuff in his/her head and doesn't really "get it".

CC line trimmed.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/