Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 21:30:36 -0400
From:      "Eric Griff" <eric@netdesign1.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Stable" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ps problems (explained)

Nope, hehe.

I've probably built 50 kernels since my 'LINT' derived incident. Always in
multi-user.

One of the directives in the LINT configurations will do it. I suspect the
Posix ones maybe.

When I got that error (sorry for vaguenesses, but that was back at the end
of February), rebuilding ps, had no effect either. But when I copied
GENERIC, and added the other stuff I needed in, and installed it, after
reboot, ps was fine again.. The problem actually seemed to arrise somehow
out of PROCFS, as there were a few other things that didn't work right
either.

I haven't seen this since. I wish I had sent a bug report now.. It would
have better memory than I do, hehe

Eric A. Griff,
NETDesign Inc.
181 Genesee St.