Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:58:59 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to enable linux flash player [9] in firefox

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 01:27:49PM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:

> It's a pain in the ass that Adobe / Macromedia had to invent a
> technology that so many "web developers" sought, just because of its
> ease of "developing"; if only the "developers" sought to learn CSS and a
> bit of proper javascripting, then stuff would be easier for viewing on
> all platforms.

	I've nevr understood the need for something as absurd as
	flash and shockwave;  a graphic/animated app that was developed
	for proprietary computers.  But I have wanted to know if the
	same thing could be done with Java.  Isn't most of  the sweat
	in creating the animation?  The big question is, how much
	effort would it take to creat a javascript out of
	whatever-flash-requires?

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix