Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 1995 10:52:48 -0400
From:      wolperte@knox.pcec.philips.com (ED WOLPERT )
To:        daredevl@america.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation troubles

>>>>> "daredevl" == PageFault  <daredevl@america.com> writes:

-daredevl> I am trying to do a PPP install of FreeBSD and I am having
-daredevl> troubles.  I enter all the important information (IP,
-daredevl> gateways, etc.) but as soon as I connect and enter my
-daredevl> password, it begins PPP.  About 15 seconds later it just
-daredevl> drops carrier.

Try doing an at command before the dialing to lower the speed of the
modem.  I've got at 28,8kbaud sportster, but I have to type
	at&N12
to lower the speed to 24,0kbaud.

--
                           Virtually,
                           Edward Wolpert

-------------------------------  "The best way out is always
wolperte@knox.pcec.philips.com |  through." - Robert Frost
wolpert@utk.edu                |
Truth is what you believe.     |  give you the world.' (tm)

Fnord.