Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:53:10 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@masternet.it>
Subject:   Re: fujitsu-siemens lifebook p7010

--nextPart1271931.hnRRJnSX7R

On Thursday 13 January 2005 03:05 am, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there anyone that has some feedback on this laptop ?
>
> I'd like to buy onw but I could'nt find any info on the web nor on the on
> the Fbsd laptop survey:
> http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/index.pl
>
> The s6120 has some problem with 5.x and the s7010 hungs on freesbie 1.1 :=
=2D)
> so before buying I'd like to know something more if possible ...
>
> Thanks ...

If freesbie is hanging on boot, then it is probably because just like my P2=
110=20
the DMA doesn't work right on the CD drive and you need to disable DMA for=
=20
the CD drive.  "set hw.ata.atapi_dma=3D0" at the loader prompt.  You might =
want=20
to check here if you haven't already.=20
http://www.leog.net/fujp_forum/FORUM.asp?FORUM_ID=3D8
=2D-=20
Anish Mistry