Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 11:00:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Press Relations

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Open Systems Networking wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:
>
> > I doubt it.
> >
> > I think this is an excellent idea.  Finally somebody who has a good
> > reason to want to perform the best possible PR.
>
> I also think it would be a great idea. Just make sure to send me a copy so
> I can throw it in my archives. It could be famous some day :)
> FreeBSD's first real PR or something.

Speaking of press relations, I was just reading yesterday's SF Chron, and
in the People in Technology page/section (D3), Tom Abate seemed to
dedicate space to some very important people in the "Free Software
Movement".  Linux's grinning mug along with Larry Wall, Paul Vixie, and
Tom Paquin's stern faced ones were featured.  Too bad Jordan (or any other
core team member for that matter) were so kindly left out.  Oh well, at
least he made it seem as if Mr. Vixie's only popular product was BIND.
Seeing as Mr. Abate has a knack for technology oriented news perhaps he
(abate@sfgate.com) should be contacted.

- alex

"We are upping our standards ... so up yours."
  - Pat Paulsen for US of A Prez, 1988.