Date:      Sat, 06 Feb 1999 15:37:33 -0600
From:      Patrick Hartling <mystify@friley-184-92.res.iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Incorrect idle times

I'm getting some weird/wrong idle times with newly opened windows.  For
example, this is from a few minutes ago:

 3:27PM  up 13 mins, 6 users, load averages: 0.21, 0.18, 0.13
USER             TTY      FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
[...]
mystify          p3       :0.0              3:17PM  1:00 ssh friley-185-206.res
[...]
mystify          p5       :0.0              3:26PM  2:03 ssh -l patrick crunche
mystify          p6       :0.0              3:27PM 28:41 ssh -l patrick crunche

These are in xterms that I just opened and in which I have done nothing
(including type in a password thanks to ssh).  This is on a freshly built
4.0-current system running XFree86 3.3.3.1.  I saw this before rebuilding
this afternoon but didn't pay attention to the conditions under which it
happened.

It's easily repeatable by simply opening a new xterm and not typing anything
in it.  If I close the xterm on ttyp6 by logging out and then open a new one,
the idle time is at zero.  If I close it by clicking on the window manager's
close button, the idle time picks up where it left off.  It's not a problem
or even an annoyance.  It's just a little strange since it seems as though
idle times are being "recycled" in a way.

 -Patrick

Patrick L. Hartling			| Research Assistant, ICEMT
mystify@friley-184-92.res.iastate.edu	| Carver Lab - 0095E Black Engineering
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~oz/	| http://www.icemt.iastate.edu/