Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 2021 10:44:17 +0100
From:      Ralf Wenk <iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de>
To:        Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Activating RPi 3B+ network port LED's

On 2021-03-15 at 15:20 -0400 Ed Maste wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 at 04:22, Ralf Wenk <iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > for those who are interested in having the network port LED's of an
> > RPi 3B+ showing at least some activity, the attachment of bug 237325
> > contains a patch for the muge(4) driver.
>
> Hi Ralf, I just tried 13.0-RC2 on a RPi 3B+ and found that the
> Ethernet LEDs are not working; I've submitted PR 254267 for this.
>
> As far as I can remember I did not have a RPi 3B+ handy when I helped
> bring in the original change, so this may be the first time I've tried
> on this hardware. Could you try a 13.0-RC image?

Hello Ed,

fortunately I have one here.

I tied the 13.0-RC2 image and can confirm that the Ethernet LEDs are
not working any more.

I have also tried a 14.0 Current GENERIC from February with the same
result.

Buildworld, buildkernel are running now to get a CURRENT from today.
I will also update the contents of the MSDOS partition to match what
is in the latest 14.0 image.

A colleague noticed that the Ethernet LEDs are not working any more
after a new image installation on his RPi 3B+. Unfortunately he can't
remember what the working FreeBSD version was, but it happened more
than a year ago.