Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:15:51 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sending a notification email

> Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 00:00:00 +1100
> From: BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
> Subject: Sending a notification email
> To: FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
>
> Hi all,
>
> This may seem really wierd but I have an email account on a server
> which I rarely check (because I am not really supposed to get anything
> there). However when I do get an email there it can be huge. So what I
> want to do is rather than setting up a .forward from that account to
> me regular account, I want the mail server to simply to send a
> notification email to my regular email account telling me that I have
> received an email at the account which I don't normally check, as I
> don't want huge emails being forwarded all over the place....

    Instead of using .forward to just send the mail to you, you can use
    pipe the message to a script that'll send just the headers, and
    store the message locally. I guess the MTA host will have procmail
    or maildrop installed, so this should be doable.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
2:13PM up 1 day, 1:09, 12 users, load averages: 0.08, 0.07, 0.07