Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:13:02 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, "Wills, Ken" <kwills@gflesch.com>
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.61 (Linux) broken since adding linux_base-5.2

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 10:40:32AM +0200, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> Mark Ovens wrote:
> >
> > linux_base at all? My system was originally built clean (i.e. not
> > installed over a previous version of FreeBSD) from the 3.1 CDs. I
> > included Linux support/emulation when I installed.
>
> Then you probably have installed linux_base on top of linux_lib...
> That's not good :-)

Yes, linux_lib-2.6 was already installed, although not by the
original build (unless, like linux_base, it is not registered as
a pkg in /var/db/pkg). The timestamp on the linux_lib dir in
/var/db/pkg is *exactly* the same as linuxdoc which I installed
when I started cvsup'ing the docs.

OK, I'll remove both linux_base and linux_lib and rebuild both,
linux_base first and see if that fixes anything/everything.

> > Did I need to install linux_base to make Star Office work?
>
> AFAICT, yes.

Hmm, but if the linux_base port is the same s/w as is installed by
sysinstall when Linux support is included in the original OS build
why should I need to install it again? Maybe I should just remove
both and re-install linux_lib?

--
STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.