Date:      Sun, 04 Mar 2007 14:20:54 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: experimental qemu-devel port (update),	please test!

On 03/03/07 13:32, Juergen Lock wrote:
> In article <45E5CDE3.7030509@centtech.com> anderson@centtech.com (Eric Anderson)writes:

>>> And just when I posted this...  There were just patches posted on that
>>> list that fix vnc disconnect segfaults, so I think the next port update
>>> will fix at least that problem.
>> Thanks!  I've been hoping to see the update, but still not there yet..
>> :(  Oh well.
>
> Sorry things are going a little slow around here...  But now I have
> the following update for you all to test:
>
> 1. copy the qemu port dir (/usr/ports/emulators/qemu) to
>    emulators/qemu-devel
> 2. apply the patch below in emulators
> 3. deinstall qemu
> 3. run `make install' in the new qemu-devel port dir (you probably
>    cannot use portinstall/portupgrade unless you add the new port to
>    INDEX yourself, that is until it is committed...)
> 4. test!
>
>  Should you want to go back, deinstall qemu-devel and then install the
> originall qemu port again.
>
>>    I wonder if that will also fix my telnet issue with qemu.
>
>  Not sure, but now you should be able to check yourself. :)

I can confirm, this patch fixes both the vnc problem *and* the telnet
issue.  Woohoo!!!  Thanks a ton!

The only issue I see with VNC is one I've had since I tried using it 5-6
months ago, is corrupt video (during FreeBSD kernel boots, and console
output, etc).  I've never really tried it with higher resolution stuff
though.  Not a big deal..

Thanks for the patch!!
Eric

An undefined problem has an infinite number of solutions.