Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 1997 08:31:51 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        freebsd@atipa.com (Atipa)
Cc:        cmott@srv.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDT processors?

> I really doubt the contingent that is affected by this bug would be
> likely to trust a no-name chip. The whole point is reliability...

I think any "no name" chip vendor could reasonably claim "as reliable
as a Pentium(tm)" on a potato chip bag right about now...

[ ... ]
> <Note to self: Raise flame shields, now!>

Good call...  especially if any member of the contingent in question
is an ISP offering shell accounts and execute access for customer
applications... like, oh, say WWW page CGI's, etc.?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.