Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:31:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Sean C. Farley" <scf@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Packet-corruption with re(4)

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> I'd recommend staying away from Realtek NICs.  Pick up an Intel
> Pro/1000 GT or PT.  Realtek has a well-known history of issues.

Just a note about the Intel Pro/1000 GT:  it is on-sale[1] at NewEgg
with free shipping.  I just bought my third one to replace an on-board
NIC (Marvell Yukon 88E8056) with auto-negotiation problems and an
inability to take advantage of jumbo frames at the same time as checksum
offloading.

Sean
   1. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833106121
--