Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:22:02 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Jay Krell <jay.krell@cornell.edu>
Cc:        ade@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/15481: ports/devel/codecrusader slightly broken

Jay Krell wrote:

> This port is still broken, I think even worse than before, per someone
> else's email.. I'm not using FreeBSD much anymore, either because it crashes
> a lot or my hardware was bad.. (will eventually get another machine to try
> it on..)

The basic definitions change for gcc-2.95.2 at 4.0, which introduces
three define problems that won't go away until codecrusader is fixed.
Those changes are the ACE_wrapper ones identified in Bush-Doctor's
PR-18033 at http://people.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/18033.
For right now, I manually add "USE_BISON=yes" into the Makefile around
the line with USE_GMAKE and delete the first space from the line
patches/patch-ac. The ACE_wrapper changes were added to my patches
directory as patch-ad and patch-ad. With those changes Code
Crusader-2.1.4 would build as a port on both 3.4 and 4.0.

Kent

>  - Jay

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA