Date:      Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:09:10 -0800
From:      Richard Schilling <rschi@rsmba.biz>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Fwd: Re: new error building jdk14]

Sean McNeil wrote:

> For amd64, you must use java 1.5.  This is the only version available
> for that platform.  I have been using jdk1.5 for a long time now and it
> works very well for me.

I think I'll take that advice to heart.... :-)

I forced the build, thinking that the ONLY_FOR_ARCHS setting was
overlooked.  The reasoning being that the i386 code should compile fine
under gcc.  Lesson learned.....

> Also, you should consider moving to 6-current.  5.4 has issues with the
> linux emulation that cause building jdk1.5 a bit of a headache.  There
> are no such issues with 6-current.

Is 6-current stable enough to be used in production?  I'm having issues
getting a kernel compiled in 5.4 as well. Was kind of worried about
jumping to 6 until I knew what was wrong.

Thanks!

-- Richard