Date:      Sat, 4 Sep 1999 14:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/13576: display dies when switching from x11 to console back to x11 using i128

The following reply was made to PR ports/13576; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To: spam@sporty.org
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: ports/13576: display dies when switching from x11 to console
 back to x11 using i128
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 17:39:12 -0400 (EDT)

 Hi,

 On Sat, 4 Sep 1999 spam@sporty.org wrote:

 > card and the XF86_I128 server, switch back to console after say, 15
 > minutes of running (alt F-<whatever>).  Switch back to X and the
 > screen freezes though the computer is not dead.  I can login from
 > remote and still use the machine.
 >
 > The version of the server is 3.3.4 of July 13, 1999

 First - this isn't a FreeBSD problem.  Second, I haven't experienced this
 at all and I've been using a I128 for a long time.  It used to happen to
 me on an old version of X but hasn't since 3.3.1 or so.

 Brett
 Brett Taylor             brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
 Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
 Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *