Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:56:16 +0200
From:      Yann Berthier <yb@sainte-barbe.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 802.11g/GPRS broadcom cardbus

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004, Bill Paul wrote:

> >    We have not tested the ndis part yet.
>
> I hope you will soon. :)

   I won't have the opportunity to try it in the next few days i'm
   afraid. I'll let you know.

   Beyond that, i see a big problem arising: it seems that Vodafone hot
   spots require EAP-SIM authentications. I remember that sam@ has
   work in the pipe to have xsupplicant work, but whether of not it will
   permit to use eap-sim I have no idea. But this is another story ...

> > > As for the serial interface, assuming it behaves like a normal
> > > COM port, I expect you can get it to work by adding the PCI vendor/device
> > > ID to the PCI attachment of the sio driver. Then it will get attached
> > > as an sio device.
> >
> >    Indeed it works, all it takes is to add
> >    { 0x432214e4, "Broadcom 802.11g/GPRS CardBus (Serial)", 0x10 },
> >
> >    In /usr/src/sys/dev/sio/sio_pci.c
> >
> >    Do we need to submit a PR ?
>
> No, I have just added the entry to sio_pci.c in -current.

   Thanks btw !

> Can you run "pciconf -lv" with the card inserted and post the
> results? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

   Sure, here it is:

   none3@pci3:0:0: class=0x028000 card=0x000218de chip=0x432014e4
rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    device   = 'BCM4306(??) 802.11g Wireless NIC'
    class    = network
sio4@pci3:0:1:  class=0x070002 card=0x000218de chip=0x432214e4 rev=0x03
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Broadcom Corporation'