Date:      Sun, 4 Jul 1999 20:16:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Anthony Kimball <alk@pobox.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lizard...

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Anthony Kimball wrote:

> Lizard has a tetris game built in for those long waits...
> Now THAT is cool.

	Using the "holistic emergency shell" on vty4 when doing a network
install is more fun.  At the very least it has been useful during
evangelical installations.

	While the system extracting the bundles over ftp, I was able to
telnet to another box and continue showing one of the deans of technology
at UVa how a configured system looked.  He was duly impressed by the fact
that we didn't have to watch the progress meter twiddling my thumbs.

	Seriously though, do we really want frivolous bloat?  If we need to
provide entertainment, give the installer the option of reading netnews or
a few select newbie articles from daemonnews or even a brief history of
BSD.

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]