Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:55:30 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Bruno Damour <freebsd.ruomad@free.fr>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gtkam, rhythmbox don't build : problem with path for gtk libs

--==_Exmh_1161201330_8242P

> Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:33:34 +0200
> From: Bruno Damour <freebsd.ruomad@free.fr>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current@freebsd.org
>
> Hello,
> I tried to upgrade, and it seems to work quite well except for 2 apps:
> - rhythmbox
> - gtkam
> which fail when trying to find /usr/X11R6/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.la
> The reason is this library is in /usr/local
> What can I do ?
> I'm running a recent 7.0-current

These should go to gnome@.

The problem is almost certainly some referenced lib is still linked to
an old lib in X11R6/ (Gnome 2.26 moved from /usr/X111R6 to /usr/local.)

If you look at the config.log from the apps, you may well find it, but
first run pgkdb -Ff again and look for multiply installed ports. (These
should not happen, but they do.)

If you find any, DON'T as pkgdb to unregister any of them. Instead, use
pkg_delete to delete all older versions and then re-build and install
the current versions. You will likely find things like gnomehier and
libxklavier in this state. I have found as many as half a dozen.

Good luck,
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)