Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:01:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      David <drywash47@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   ** FreeBSD 6.2 - amd64 - attempting to install 32bit library support **

I was wondering if anyone has much experience
installing 32 bit support for 32 bit apps to be able
to run on FreeBSD 6.2 amd64.   Two apps which I feel
will need this help are MS Frontpage extensions fp50.
& Miva Empressa engine (mivavm which is compiled for
32 bit).

After doing some reasarch, I found the following
possibility although I could find no specific
documentation what-so-ever.

1. cd /usr/src
2. make build32
3. make install32
4. ldconfig -32 /usr/lib32

My concern is whether this procedure overwrites any
current libraries on the FreeBSD 6.2 64 bit system or
attempts to change anything drastically (such as
convert the system back to a 32 bit OS).   Also, does
this install modify the kernel?

Does anyone have a better / safer idea on getting 32
bit apps to run under FreeBSD 6.2 amd 64?

I do not have an extra system to test this on and was
planning on installing it on a production live server.

Thank you!,

David

Looking for last minute shopping deals?