Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2013 01:04:00 +1100
From:      Dima Panov <fluffy@fluffy.khv.ru>
To:        David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org,  fluffy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: devel/lprof-devel build fail - libvigraimpex.so undefined reference

13.03.2013 5:57, Dmitry Marakasov пишет:
> * David Southwell (david@vizion2000.net) wrote:
>
>> Errors on build:
>>
>> [100%] Building CXX Object src/CMakefiles/lprof.dir/qrc_lprof.o
>> Linking CXX executable lprof
>> /usr/lib/libvigraimpex.so: undefined reference to
>> '_ZNKSt5ctypeIcE13_M_widen_initEv@GLIBCXX_3.4.11'
>> *** Error code 1
>> 1 error
>> *** Error Code 2
>> 1 error
>> *** Error Code 2
>> 1 error
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/lprof-devel.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help with this
> This really is a result of us sticking with a rotten gcc in the base
> system for so long. And I expect more and more similar breakages to
> follow.
>
> Here, graphics/vigra uses gcc46 (since r307701) to build, and
> combiled vigra library depends code only present in libstdc++ from
> gcc46 (and not in libstdc++ in our base system).
>
> To compile lprof, adding USE_GCC=4.6+ to it's Makefile would be enough,
> however it won't run:
>
> % lprof
> /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.11 required by /usr/local/lib/libvigraimpex.so.4 not found
>
> To fix that, one needs to add LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/gcc46
> into environement. The same thing will be required for all vigra
> consumers.
>
> If gcc46 is optional for vigra, the problem may be temporary fixed by
> reverting r307701 (fluffy@?), however there will be more and more
> software depending on newer libstdc++, and we need a way to address that
> until all supported FreeBSD releases have switched to clang and new c++
> stack.

gcc46 is required when vigra buids with py-NumPy support and Python
bindings.
For now, I've move gcc dependency into numpy option section, without
bindings port will use default compiler
ATM, no ports require vigra python bindings, but it was requested by
users for upcoming math ports

--
Dima Panov (fluffy@FreeBSD.org)
(KDE, Office)@FreeBSD team