Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:41:02 -0400
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        scott@sawilson.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nVidia Cards /w FreeBSD (3D Acceleration)

scott@sawilson.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       I feel your pain, as I'm sure others do on the list. You aren't going to be satisfied with a "there is nothing we can do about this because" type answer. To you it sounds defeatist and like an excuse to do nothing. I agree. I have an idea I wanted to run by the list.
>
>      What if someone were to set up a simple email cgi with a form letter in the nature of:

I seem to remember that the last time this came up on -hackers somebody
mentioned that nVidia already had someone working on FreeBSD drivers,
but work was going slowly. I think they were also already coordinating
with somebody on the FreeBSD team, don't remember who. It would probably
be better to find out the status of the effort already underway, if
there really is such an effort.

-Brandon