Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:52:06 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building -current world on an RELENG_4 box?

Hi,
I've been using -current for some time to be able to test the PPPoE
functionality. I didn't have to resources for an extra box and (ab)used
my main machine as a guinea pig. Yes, I know that this is not the best
idea but it worked. Until SMPNG, that is.

I've managed to get my hands on another, smaller box (P-60). I want to
downgrade my main box to RELENG_4 and leave the role of the guinea
pig to the P-60. There just one problem: Running (frequent) buildworlds
on a P-60 won't be fun.

Is it possible to build the -current world on a RELENG_4-system?

/s/Udo
--
> Is there an explanation of the NG_ macros I see used in the netgraph
> nodes' code?
Yes, but it's not documented
Rogier R. Mulhuijzen and Archie Cobbs, freebsd-current