Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:00:21 -0700
From:      joshua <spl1t_h0r1z0n@usa.net>
To:        Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Log in vain: DNS]

1346/udp Alta Analytics License Manager =

1347/udp multi media conferencing

doesn't look like a dns request to me

joshua

Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se> wrote:
> Hi!
> =

> In my message file I get a lot of these messages:
> Mar  9 20:12:40 fw /kernel: Connection attempt to UDP 213.64.164.27:134=
6
from
>                                                                  =

10.0.0.1:53
> Mar  9 20:12:44 fw /kernel: Connection attempt to UDP 213.64.164.27:134=
7
from
>                                                                  =

10.0.0.2:53
> My IPFW is set up to allow UDP port 53 both in and out.
> =

> As it is logged in vain, trying to connect to a port that is not open, =
then
no
> program or daemon has made a query. Am I correct? And if this is the ca=
se,
why
> are the DNS trying to connect to me for no reason?
> =

> Thanks in advance for an answer!
> =

> Best regards,
> Paul
> =

Joshua Smith, CCNA, CCNP
Data Center Technician
USA.NET

"Walk with me through the Universe,
 And along the way see how all of us are Connected.
 Feast the eyes of your Soul,
 On the Love that abounds.
 In all places at once, seemingly endless,
 Like your own existence."
     - Stephen Hawking -