Date:      Tue, 01 Aug 2000 19:58:17 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd@hermans.ab.ca
Subject:   Re: How to enable NIC Full-Duplex ?

Are you using Category 5 cables to connect to the switch?

What kind of NIC are you using?  Have you tried checking if the vendor
provides a config utility to configure the card?  I've downloaded these
types of utilities for configuring SMC and 3COM cards.

What does the switch say for that particular port?

Did you check the de man page (man de)?

Have you tried:
         ifconfig de0 -mediaopt full-duplex
(the "-mediaopt" is taken from the ifconfig man page and the "full-duplex"
from the de man page)

Oscar