Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:24:23 +0000
From:      Adrian Wontroba <aw1@stade.co.uk>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@pagesz.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANN: Fxtv 0.48

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 10:47:09PM -0500, Randall Hopper wrote:
<tuning peculiarities>
> Just tried the same, and I don't get the behavior you describe.  So I can
> only guess that this has to do with differences between the cards/driver
> code we're making use of.

Could well be.

<TV mode problems>
> In looking into this, I found a problem with setting the viewport when
> doing full-screen zoom.  You can apply the attached patch.  However,
> unlesss I'm misunderstanding your description, it won't solve all your
> problems.  Sounds like one is related to the window manager modifying
> Fxtv's request to reposition the window, and a second is related to
> Matrox DGA problems.

Patch applied - TV mode behaviour is improved, in that the offset seems
less and it is easier to choose a starting position that works, but it
hasn't cured the problem.

I'm using the kde port as my window manager, about to switch to kde11.

> The better fix is to use a different window for full-screen zoom and make
> it OVERRIDE_REDIRECT.  That would also allow for a centered image with
> black borders which some folks have requested.

That does sound a lot more attractive.

--
Adrian Wontroba