Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:15:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Keith Woodman <keith@lightningweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot disk

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Keith Woodman wrote:

>Well.

>It doesn't do the image of the OS and it's supporters well when people
>come in and slam on someone asking a simple question.

Shall I remind you of the tone that you took in your very first message?

You didn't "ask a simple question" as you state here. You were quite curt.
You followed up with "no wonder Linux is more popular". You may have just
as well said "no wonder windows or mac is more popular". I am not the only
one who picked up on it. If you are going to say things like that then
stand by. Words will be had.

I guess the modus operandi is you "slam on" us then "we must act like
perfect gentlemen" in response. Sorry, you have to mind your manners as
well.

Now about that snobbery. People will answer the dumbest of dumb questions
here. Of course, the likelihood of receiving at least one "RTFM" goes up
linearly with the stupidity of the question. The likelihood of receiving a
rebuke goes up factorially with a bad attitude. I know. I received one
myself back when I was slightly less new to FreeBSD than you.

As you watch and see how we work you will see that there are some very
active, very top flight hackers here mixed in with all levels of
capability. Stick around for a few weeks. I think you will be impressed.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/